RAKU is due to open in September
About RAKU and the role
RAKU is a sleek, modern Japanese bar + restaurant offering a unique dining experience. Head Sushi Chef, Hao Chen's (ex Toko-Sydney) fine art will be at the forefront of the new Canberra venue, which will also feature a traditional robata grill. Guests can enjoy a sake/shochu and cocktails in our front bar before being seated in our contemporary dining room.
RAKU is looking for a talented Sous Chef to support our Head Chef. You will be a leader in the kitchen who will inspire the team towards culinary excellence through creativity, passion and professionalism. This integral position will also provide the opportunity for career progression.
We invest in our people and draw on their talents, passion and imagination to define new experiences and create a culture of opportunity and success.
For the right candidate, sponsorship is available.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Reporting to the Head Chef, you will lead, supervise and motivate the junior team.
- Support the Head Chef in managing all aspects of the kitchen including ordering, production schedules, food costing analysis, budgeting and staffing.
- Lead the team to deliver a unique dining experience.
- Working with a talented team of chefs to create a high-end culinary offering.
- Control of stock and food quality.
- Lead by example as a hands on chef who can prepare food worthy of these venues.
Skills and experience
- A charismatic, energetic approach to work.
- Sound knowledge of Japanese produce and experience with Japanese cuisine.
- Someone who takes full accountability and 'ownership' of their role.
- Experience working in upmarket restaurants highly regarded.
- Previous experience in a fast paced, high volume kitchen leadership role.
- Your positive and respectful style will set the benchmark for a dynamic team who you will be tasked with training and developing to the next level and beyond.
- You will have a personal desire to succeed and genuine desire to be the best.
- Flexible availability across a 7 day a week operation
You can also expect a highly competitive salary package based on your experience. If this sounds like you, email us today as we would love to hear from you!
Send your Cover Letter & CV to The Eatery Group below:
We are accepting applications until September 2017.