RAKU is due to open in September
About RAKU and the role
RAKU is a sleek, modern Japanese bar + restaurant offering a unique dining experience. Head Sushi Chef, Hao Chen's (ex Toko-Sydney) fine art will be at the forefront of the new Canberra venue, which will also feature a traditional robata grill. Guests can enjoy a sake/shochu and cocktails in our front bar before being seated in our contemporary dining room.
RAKU is looking for a motivated Restaurant Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be a leader who will inspire the team towards culinary excellence through creativity, passion and professionalism. You will have a strong focus on the guest dining experience and all aspects of the front of house operations.
We invest in our people and draw on their talents, passion and imagination to define new experiences and create a culture of opportunity and success.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As the Restaurant Manager, your time will be dedicated to the floor, your staff, and the guests, including the following responsibilities:
- Service is at the heart of everything you do - ensuring all operations are in line for a smooth service and memorable guest experience - this is a hands on management role.
- Working in a fast-paced, bustling venue with a strong focus on delivering high standards and exceptional product
- Day-to-day management of floor operations and associated activities.
- You will be passionate about leading and developing a team and well connected in your industry to attract the best talent to your venue.
- Responsible for stock control of consumables and non-consumable items, and their sourcing, purchase and quality assurance.
- Manage back of house procedures including financial analysis, budgeting and staffing.
- Monitor employees for professionalism and presentation with performance management and mentoring as required.
- Responsible for employee compliance with the food and hygiene, WHS, fire and hazard prevention and workplace sanitation requirements.
- Contribute to the business growth through successful planning and management of events, functions and parties.
Skills and experience
- Proactive attitude and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- A genuinely charismatic, energetic personality.
- Previous experience in a fast paced, high volume restaurant essential
- Your positive and respectful style will set the benchmark for a dynamic team who you will be tasked with training and developing to the next level and beyond.
- You will have a personal desire to succeed and genuine desire to be the best.
- Flexible availability across a 7 day a week operation.
- Knowledge of Japanese cuisine, a bonus but not essential
You can also expect a highly competitive salary package based on your experience. If this sounds like you, email us today as we would love to hear from you!
Send your Cover Letter & CV to The Eatery Group below:
We are accepting applications until September 2017.