Pastry Chef de Partie
RAKU is due to open in September
About RAKU and the role
RAKU is a sleek, modern Japanese bar + restaurant offering a unique dining experience. Head Sushi Chef, Hao Chen's (ex Toko-Sydney) fine art will be at the forefront of the new Canberra venue, which will also feature a traditional robata grill. Guests can enjoy a sake/shochu and cocktails in our front bar before being seated in our contemporary dining room.
RAKU is looking for a talented and passionate Pastry Chef de Partie with a great attitude, "can-do" approach and a keen interest in food.
We invest in our people and draw on their talents, passion and imagination to define new experiences and create a culture of opportunity and success.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As the Pastry Chef de Partie, your time will be dedicated to producing top quality desserts that add to the guests experience at RAKU. Your role will include but not limited to the following responsibilities:
Working in a fast-paced, bustling venue with a strong focus on delivering high standards and exceptional product
- Working with a produce-driven menu making most items from scratch daily
- Ability to create and adapt new menu items
- Excellent food preparation and presentation skills
- Open to learning and development
- Career driven team player with creative flair
- Initiative, highly organised and can handle a fast-paced restaurant environment
Skills and experience
Proactive attitude and willingness to learn
Excellent communication, multi-tasking and problem solving skills
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Motivated with a strong work ethic and reliable nature
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Previous experience in a fast paced, high volume, upmarket restaurant recommended
- Experience and qualification in the field
- You will have a personal desire to succeed and genuine desire to be the best
- Flexible availability across a 7 day a week operation
- Knowledge of Japanese cuisine, a bonus but not essential
You can also expect a highly competitive salary package based on your experience. If this sounds like you, email us today as we would love to hear from you!
Send your Cover Letter & CV to The Eatery Group below:
We are accepting applications until September 2017.